16 May 2010

Call me Donna Reed

I've been bumping elbows with the housewives and geriatrics of DeKalb County for the past two weeks. Whenever I leave the house on weekday afternoons I seem to be the only person in public who doesn't have either gray hair or a toddler. Trying to find enough activities to fill my waking hours has been a task in itself, but I've somehow managed to get through my first two weeks at home without becoming a pathetic, lethargic sloth.

Mexican night was quite a hit, which included guacamole, pico de gallo, and chicken fajitas with cilantro lime rice (and Mexican sparkling water - it was a big day when I discovered the 'Hispanic food' section at Wal-Mart!). It's really too bad that I aspire to achieve more than becoming the epitome of domesticity; a few more years of this and I'd be giving Donna Reed a run for her money.

Lynn and Arlene don't know just how good they have it. I might force them to watch some Jersey Shore and see if their appreciation for me and my wholesome habits changes.

3 comments:

  1. Rory Gilmore has nothing on this girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rory made potatoes from a BOX. Enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was she thinking. And Lindsey tried to make him so many roast. She's def. a better wife than Rory would be.

    ReplyDelete

NEWER OLDER
OLDER
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...