09 January 2011

Jon and Rick

I convinced my mom to break her phobia about driving in Chicago so that we could do some furniture shopping. I've been gushing over Jonathan Adler rugs and and pillows for YEARS, and since our house has been a big taupe nightmare since we moved in, I thought we could use some fun, colorful pieces. We ended up getting a few rugs, the sofa in the photo below (taupe, ironically), two laquer tray coffee tables and a hippo christmas ornament which now has a permanent home on my desk.

Our dining room will now function as a tea room with a couch and some velvet chairs instead of a real table. (best. idea. ever.) I think it'll be worthy of a Design*Sponge post by the time it's done, so I'll post photos once we manage to paint over the giant glossy gold stripes that are currently covering the walls.


We went to Xoco (pronounced CHO-ko) for lunch, which is Rick Bayless' version of a fast-food restaurant. (fun story - we passed him as he was walking in the door one of his other restaurants. degrees of separation between me and Martha were at an all-time low!) Even at 3 o'clock, we had to stand in line for 45 minutes before we were seated, but the food was well worth the wait.

We started with chile hot chocolate as we waited in line, moved on to the best chips, guac and salsas I've ever had, then finished with a bowl of carnita soup for me and an oven baked sandwich for Arlene. Unbelievably good.

Who wants to meet me at Xoco at the crack of dawn for breakfast some time? Rick's french toast with bacon and pecans is calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWER OLDER
OLDER
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...