15 October 2009

I (kinda) met a model

Today I discovered that the National Portrait Gallery does lots of free/cheap lectures. They currently have Twiggy and Bob Dylan galleries, and are opening one about the music scene in the '60's ("From Beatles to Bowie"), so their lectures are centered around these themes. I have such good timing.

Tonight's lecture was called "'60's Cover Girls: When Pop met Fashion". The woman who spoke is working on a book about modeling in the '50's and '60's in London and Paris, so she spent an hour talking about interviews she's held with models from that period. Amazing.

This woman (above) was at the lecture and talked at the end about differences in the '50's and '60's modeling worlds. She had to be at least 70 and she was BEAUTIFUL. She was wearing a big chunky black scarf and had a little salt-and-pepper bob. I'll be happy if I look as good as her when I'm 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWER OLDER
OLDER
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...