22 July 2010

view from my window

This morning I prayed for rain in hopes of avoiding a work picnic where I was going to be forced to wear a red visor decorated with puff paint and googley eyes. I got what I asked for. By 5:30 there were cars floating in the middle of streets, police shutting down major roads and tornado sirens blaring. I drove through water higher than my bumper several times, while my friends screamed from the backseat.

Eventually I made it home, the rain slowed down, and a group of cheerleading camp counselors decided to turn the hill behind our dorm into a slip and slide.

Now I'm trying to figure out the odds of work being cancelled tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. better outfit the accent with paddles or an outboard motor!

    ReplyDelete

NEWER OLDER
OLDER
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...