18 May 2011

Lomo in the fall

I've had a roll of film sitting around from my Lomo Supersampler camera since last fall and I finally got it developed this afternoon. Every time I go to pick up prints I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning.

One day this fall my friend Jimmy and I climbed to the top of a fire tower at a state park in Indiana. I only brought this camera (which takes 4 frames, one right after another) and I LOVE how grainy they are. Using this camera is a such good exercise in giving up control and embracing imperfection for the obsessive compulsive in me...


Aaand, thanks so much for all of your thoughtful comments yesterday. It's so nice to hear that not all of you fall for the "look how casually I wear my Isabel Marant shorts and my Alex Wang t-shirt" bit that I'm getting so sick of. And Maggie, I think I'm going to start putting together a post with tips about thrifting - I never really got the hang of it until this year! :)

(PS, Does anyone out there know anything about Rolleiflexes? If so, leave me a comment or shoot me an email!)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Can't wait to read the thrifting posts. Also-great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post! I love the photos. I think the one of the bus is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete

NEWER OLDER
OLDER
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...