28 June 2011

All You Need is Love

I went to a GREAT wedding this weekend. The bride referenced Rothko in her vows after walking down the aisle to All You Need is Love, the pair walked out of the ceremony to Ob-la-di Ob-la-da, and everyone feasted on Mexican food and danced to music played by a group that was WAY too cool to ever be categorized as a wedding band. It wasn't the least bit fussy and was perfectly suited to the couple's spunky personalities.

 
This dress was perfect for the occasion - light and swingy for dancing and loose enough to allow for lots of eating and drinking (I consumed a ridiculous amount of guacamole, several mojitos and a biiiig plate of seafood paella. yum yum.)

Anthropologie dress, Nine West espadrilles

It was held in a restaurant, so if you live in Chicago I'd highly recommend Carnivale for a lively dinner! Now I just need to stop planning my own hypothetical wedding in my head...

10 comments:

  1. THAT IS JUST THE PRETTIEST DRESS EVER.
    you are glowing in that. heart the shoes too! perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great dress! i love going to weddings...especially when they're fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I saw this dress on Andie MacDowell in blue in an us magazine! sounds like such a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummmmm! i love seafood paella! and this is definitely a sweet wedding guest dress! perfect for the theme of the reception, i think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous you! Stop it... (uttered coyly, with hand gesturing).

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute dress! and that sounds like the best wedding ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is stunning! Love it with the espadrille shoes.

    Fashionable Collections

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look awesome in that color! And, I really like how you wore your hair down and casual with a spunky dress. It suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been searching for a perfect wedding dress myself lately so I'm kind of an authority on the subject. May I say you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this dress. It looks beautiful on you and I think it is absolutely perfect for a summer wedding. X

    ReplyDelete

NEWER OLDER
OLDER
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...