12 October 2011

take your mom to work day

My mom came to San Francisco to hang out with me for the weekend, so on Monday morning before her flight back to Chicago she stopped by my office building to admire the views


I've shed more tears about career-related topics than I ever have over any boy (as a co-worker and I decided today - I'm a Miranda, not a Carrie). I called my mom during my first week of college crying about how I was already behind in building a competitive resume, and the frequency and potency of panic attacks only increased from there. 



But, every day when I walk into my fancy office building I kind of feel like the coach at the end of the NBA finals who gets the cooler of Gatorade dumped on him. The satisfaction from working really hard and eventually getting what you want feels so, so good.

10 comments:

  1. whereeee did you find that scarf? it is adorable. well, all of your clothes are adorable(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to hear that you feel that Gatorade moment has come! I'm still working on getting to mine - pluggin away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sitting here at the ucso prepping for interviews-i would give anything to be in your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you. I actually look forward to going to work and working hard, it's really nice after bugging out about what I'm going to do with my life. Your office looks gorgeous!

    Shabby Apple Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. gah, we are the same person. i have cried more times than i'm ready to admit about how i don't feel like i am impressive enough to apply to my dream grad schools. rorygilmore4lyf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon - it's Forever 21 :) I lucked out and found the last one stashed in the wrong place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang, girl. You can vid-ya chat with me if you ever need to talk. It's hard out there for a pimp. Nice picture, by the way.

    (I'm a Charlotte, AND we have the same last name.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post and your long hair! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, I love your scarf! And my mom just visited me in SF this past weekend too lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let me guess! You work at the Gap?? I used to work there too and totally recognize the gapeteria! I'm a buyer at AE now, totally miss sf every day though.

    http://www.sweetandspark.com

    ReplyDelete

NEWER OLDER
OLDER
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...