26 January 2013

confession time.


It's confession time. I've been shopping at JCPenney. 

Occasionally I'll find myself parking in the JCPenney lot (because let's face it, it's always the least crowded entrance to the mall), so a few weeks ago I was walking through on my way to another store when a grey cashmere sweater caught my eye. It was in an enormous size and had one of those dumb scoopy neck lines, but the heathered cashmere was so pretty and it was a STEAL at $20. 


I have a deep-rooted aversion to loose, scoopy necklines (it's so hard to find a true crew-neck these days!), so I wanted to find a way to make the neckline a little less floppy. I got out a needle and thread, created a little pleat, and 5 minutes later... voila! 


I think this looks like a fancy detail on an expensive sweater, not a 5 minute update to a $20 sweater. This guy is going in my weekly rotation! 

11 comments:

  1. Yep! Excellent. I notice that it's from their new-ish jcp line. Last fall I picked up a pair of bright blue pants from there as well. I really love them, and I get compliments when I wear them. Plus, I saved about $40 from what a similar pair would have cost from other places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! i just scored one of the YOON cashmere sweaters at Gap yesterday and am obsessed! definitely will be wearing it every other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you're back! I love reading your posts. Great job on the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect fix for a saggy scoopy neck. Love the neutrals with a burst of orange too. Glad your back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this and the pleat is so great!! You look gorgeous

    Collections

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bright shoes. Cute style.

    ReplyDelete

NEWER OLDER
OLDER
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...