11 May 2010

Printing and Pancakes

One of my last projects from printing class:

I used a photo from the Fruit Loops photo shoot and transferred it to a wood block. Printing on wood ended up being my favorite printing method - I like the uneven lines and imperfections that come with the process. Lucky for me, I found a print shop in Milwaukee so I can make some relief prints this summer! Last summer my main after-work activities consisted of wandering the aisles of Trader Joe's and Forever 21, so it'll be a relief (ha, I'm punny) to have a hobby that doesn't involve eating large quantities of chocolate-covered pretzels and then wondering why clothes made for 14-year-old Miley Cyrus wannabes don't fit properly.

From what I can gather from their website and Facebook page, RedLine Milwaukee seems to have a much higher concentration of personality than the rest of the city. Look! These people aren't holding babies or wearing the Milwaukee uniform of jogging pants, 5k t-shirt and Brewers baseball hat! At their grand opening last fall they screen printed their logo in syrup onto pancakes, so I have high hopes that I'll be able to find people whose topics of conversation venture outside of swing sets and baseball!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWER OLDER
OLDER
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...